If you are a Gmail user like me, the likelihood of you are using Google Chrome is pretty high and also likely for you to have some plugin installed to check for your mail. I use Mail Check Plus for Google Mail, but after I turned on the gmail multiple inboxes feature it seemed to not work properly. It fetches new emails but only for the primary account and I am not able to for example do a quick delete (without opening the mail-link), and therefore have to load my inbox which loads the gmail web interface and that is not so quick!
I now have multiple inboxes and can easily switch between them with only three mouse clicks! BUT I find this cumbersome in the long run and would love the ability to have a menu with links to all my accounts. This would improve the user interface and reduce it to only ONE mouse click whenever switching between gmail accounts!
Here is a temporary solution!
Whenever you load www.gmail.com it will redirect and end up looking like this:
mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox (secure version)
The URL explained
Account Number: Gmail Account Number ordered by login sequence.
0 = default(first) account
1 = second account
2 = third account
N = N-th account
Folder Hashtag: Hashtag for the folder/page you want to navigate to (open).
Examples: #inbox, #buzz, #starred, #imp, #sent, #drafts, #trash, #spam, #all, #settings
- Load default/first account (hammerbenjamin) and open settings: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#settings
- Load second account (hvatsker) and open sent mail: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/#sent
- Load third account (youhacklife) and open starred mail: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/2/#starred
- Login into and load each gmail account in your preffered browser.
- Bookmark each link (mail.google.com/mail/u/[Account-Number]/[#FOLDER-HASHTAG]) with their respective names.
- Modify your gmail account bookmarks to appear first in your browsers bookmark bar.